Volunteer with Empowerment
Click here to download symbolised version Click here to downloadWhat is a Volunteer?
We define a volunteer as someone who gives up their time to work for the organisation, without payment, in order to help the organisation and to provide benefit to themselves. Central to this definition is the fact that volunteering must be a choice freely made by each individual.
What can you get out of volunteering?
- Be a part of the Empowerment community.
- Volunteering is a great way to make a contribution in your local community and to make a difference.
- Volunteering can help you gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new or build on the skills that you already have.
- Volunteering can help you meet different kinds of people and make new friends.
- Volunteering can help you feel part of something outside your friends and family.
- Having fun while helping.
- Improve your CV.
Volunteering Job Descriptions
Blackpool Advocacy Hub Administrator
What can a volunteer provide to Empowerment?
We will discuss with you what you wish to do and what skills you possess in order to find the role that is most suitable for yourself.
Examples of what you could be doing?
We are looking for people to:
- Assist with joint visits.
- Run drop-in sessions.
- Undertake basic casework.
- Run reception and meet and greet visitors.
- Provide general administrative support.
Who can volunteer?
Anyone over the age of 14 can volunteer.
How to apply?
- Phone 0300 32 32 100 and speak to our Volunteer Lead or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete an application form.
- Meet with our Volunteer Lead to discuss the role most suitable for you.
- Complete a DBS check.
Will volunteering affect your benefits?
Volunteers are not paid for their time but are entitled to be reimbursed for expenses.
If you are receiving benefit payments it is recommended to inform your benefits adviser prior to starting volunteering, so that your benefit payments are not affected.
What happens next?
Our Volunteer Lead will be in contact with you soon.
If you’re interested in volunteering with Empowerment, click the below link
Contact us today! Tel: 0300 32 32 100
Local rate call fees apply.