Blackpool Time to Change Hub
What is Time to change?
Time to Change is a growing movement of people changing how we all think and act about mental health problems. Nationally, significant investment has been made in the programme and since it began in 2007, 3.4 million adults in England have improved attitudes towards mental health problems. We want to work together to make an impact in Blackpool.
What is a Time to Change Hub?
Time to Change Hubs are a partnership of local organisations and people who are committed to ending mental health stigma and discrimination.
Collectively and independently they initiate and run regular local activities to challenge mental health prejudices, coming together to align and maximise the impact of their combined activity. Hub partners also seek to encourage anti-stigma and discrimination policies and best practice within both their own organisations and local strategies.
Why is it needed in Blackpool?
Blackpool faces significant issues around mental health and reducing the stigma and discrimination associated with mental illness is a key part of Blackpool Council’s Public Mental Health Action Plan 2016-19. Blackpool can become a Time to Change Organic Hub – commissioning this service will enable local coordination and financial support for local community groups and individuals with lived experience who wish to undertake Time to Change campaign activities.
The Blackpool Time to Change Hub aims to:
• Improve public attitudes and behaviour towards people with mental health problems;
• Reduce the amount of discrimination that people with mental health problems report in their personal relationships, their social lives and at work;
• Make sure even more people with mental health problems can take action to challenge stigma and discrimination in their communities, in workplaces, in schools and online;
• Create a sustainable campaign that will continue long into the future.
The Blackpool Time to Change Hub Will:
• Support the development of a local Champions Campaign Group;
• Support partners to complete the Time to Change employers pledge;
• Administer a Champions fund for the delivery of social contact and community campaigning;
• Promote Time to Change messages across Blackpool in a variety of ways (e.g. through social media) and undertake campaign activity focusing on social contacts for key dates – World Mental Health Day (October), Time to Talk Day (1st February)and during Mental Health Awareness Week (May).
For more information on Blackpoool Time to Change fill out the below contact form
Contact us today! Tel: 0300 32 32 100
Local rate call fees apply.